At Nicor Gas,we believe there is more than a good way to do business; there is a right way. If you or someone you know is struggling to pay your Nicor Gas bill, you may qualify for financial assistance.
Documents Needed to Apply:
* Proof of gross income from all household members for the 30-day period to the application date.
* Copy of most recent heat and electric bills if you pay for your home energy directly. (Must provide entire bill.)
* Proof of Social Security Numbers of all household members
* If a member of your household receives TANF, you must bring their Medical Eligibility Card
* Applicants that have their utilities included in the rent must bring proof of rental agreement
stating monthly rental amount, that utilities are included, and landlord contact information. (Rent costs must be greater than 30% of household gross income for 30 days prior to application.
Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
Qualifying low-income households can receive assistance in one annual payment for energy bills. LIHEAP assistance does not need to be paid back.
Percentage of Income Payment Plan (PIPP)
Eligible Nicor Gas customers pay a percentage of their monthly income to maintain utility service. The PIPP offers an affordable payment plan and a chance to eliminate past-due balances.
Nicor Gas Sharing Program
Residential customers who do not qualify for federal assistance can apply for a one-time annual grant, which does not need to be paid back.
Illinois Home Weatherization Assistance Program (IHWAP)
Qualified low-income households can receive weatherization assistance to save energy and money. Contact your local Community Action Agency or call 1-877-411-9276 for more information.
Assistance for Activated Military Personnel
Nicor Gas offers a package of benefits to assist activated guard and reservists who reside in our service territory. Call 1-888-Nicor4u (642-6748) for more information.
Customers behind on their natural gas bill payments may be eligible to make a payment arrangement. A down payment is required, and the remainder of the balance is spread out over four months and then added to the current monthly balance. Visit My Account to check eligibility and sign up, or call 1-888-Nicor4u (642-6748).