Excavator Survey Rules
2013 Customer/Noncustomer Safety Survey Contest Rules
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
2. Promotion Period. This promotion (the “Promotion”) begins at 12:01:01 AM ET on July 15, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on October 31, 2013 (the “Promotion Period”).
3. Eligibility. This Promotion is open to individuals that are at time of entry 18 years of age or older and are legal residents of State of Illinois that complete the online safety survey.
The category of eligible entrants described above is an Eligible Market. This Promotion is void in all locations other than the Eligible Market, including Puerto Rico, outside the continental U.S., and where prohibited by law. AGL Resources Inc. (the “Sponsor”), its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries (including Nicor Gas), advertising and promotional agencies, and its officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and the immediate families (spouse, children, parents and siblings) and those living in the same household of such persons at any time during the Promotion Period are not eligible to participate.
4. How to Enter. You may enter this Promotion online during the Promotion Period by completing the survey at the applicable website below, and following the online entry instructions:
Once you have completed the applicable survey, your name will automatically be entered in the sweepstakes, unless you opt-out of entry. All registrations must be completed and entries received by 11:59:59 PM ET on October 31, 2013. This Promotion is limited to one entry per household. No robotic, script-based, or other user or third-party automated entries are permitted. Illegible or incomplete entries, or entries that have been tampered with, will be disqualified. All entries and entry information become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
5. Prize and Odds. One (1) winner from the Eligible Market will receive a gas grill worth $250 (the “Prize”). Installation of the gas grill is the sole responsibility of the winner. ODDS: The Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received for each Eligible Market.
6. Drawings. For the Eligible Market, a Prize will be awarded in one random drawing (the “Drawing”), conducted on or about November 1, 2013, by Sponsor, from among all eligible entries received for the Eligible Market. Winner will be notified online, by email, by telephone, or by postal mail. An alternate winner for the Eligible Market will be selected if the person initially selected as a winner for the Eligible Market cannot be reached by Sponsor within a reasonable period of time (as determined by Sponsor) after the Drawing, if such winner’s name and address cannot be identified for any reason, or if the prize or notification of the prize is returned undeliverable.
7. General Conditions. The Promotion Entities are not responsible for electronic, human or computer error or failure, or for lost, late, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, illegible or postage due entries, or for printing errors in Promotion and/or advertising materials. By entering and participating, entrants agree to: (a) abide by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Promotion; (b) unless prohibited by law, to the use of their names, photographs, voices and/or likenesses, for advertising and/or publicity purposes related to the Promotion without payment of compensation; and (c) to release, discharge and hold harmless the Promotion Entities from any and all injuries, liability and damages of any kind arising directly or indirectly out of their participation and the acceptance, use, misuse or possession of any prize awarded in this Promotion. Failure to comply with the Official Rules may result in disqualification at Sponsor’s sole discretion and selection of an alternate winner. The Prize will be awarded. No substitution or cash equivalent permitted, except at Sponsor’s option for a prize of comparable or greater monetary value due to prize unavailability or other circumstances beyond the control of Sponsor. Sponsor further reserves the right to substitute gift card features in the event of unavailability or cancellation. Federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. All federal, state and local regulations apply.
8. Internet. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an Internet entrant, such entry will be deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is deemed as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, and without notice, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion, and to award the prize in a random drawing from among the eligible online entries received up to the time of the impairment and all eligible mailed entries received. The Promotion Entities assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Promotion Entities are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Promotion. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is unlawful and subject to legal action by Sponsor or its agents.
9. Winners List. For a list of winners, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: AGL Resources Inc. – Attn. Melissa Clontz, Manager, Customer Communications, Ten Peachtree Place, Atlanta, Georgia 30309.
10. Sponsor. AGL Resources Inc. located at Ten Peachtree Place, Atlanta, Georgia 30309.